RELEASE OF LIABILITY and CONTEST RULES
I, hereby acknowledge and agree to the following, as a condition of Participation in the Great Puzzle Pursuit:
- My involvement and/or participation in The Great Puzzle Pursuit is voluntary, and I am acting under my own free will.
- There is a risk of danger, bodily harm, injury, emotional stress, or death as a result of my participation.
- There is the potential for risks and dangers that may not be obvious or reasonably foreseeable at this time.
- I do not have any medical ailments, physical limitations, or mental disabilities that will affect my ability to participate in The Great Puzzle Pursuit.
- The Great Puzzle Pursuit undertakes no direct legal or financial responsibility for my personal safety or well being when I am participating in The Great Puzzle Pursuit.
- I assume the risks, including, but not limited to, those outlined in Section 3 of this agreement.
- I forever release The Great Puzzle Pursuit from any and all claims and causes of action that I or my representatives now have or may have in the future for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death occurring to me, arising out of participation in The Great Puzzle Pursuit.
- I am 100% liable for all medical expenses incurred as a result of any injury or property damage during my participation in The Great Puzzle Pursuit.
- In the event that any one or more of the provisions of this agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal, unenforceable or in conflict with the law according to the jurisdiction of the state of PA, the remaining portions will not be invalidated, and shall remain in full force and effect.
- This is a legally binding contract, but it is not meant to pronounce any claims or defenses that are legally prohibited.
I attest that I have read and understand this document, and agree to all the provisions listed above.
- Eligibility: Great Puzzle Pursuit (the “The Great Puzzle Pursuit”) is open only to those who sign up at the Membership page and who are 18 as of the date of entry. The sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of The Great Puzzle Pursuit (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Great Puzzle Pursuit as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about March 15th 2015 and ending September 15th 2015 All online entries must be received by September 15th 2015 11:59PM EST.
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online membership provided on this site. The entry must fulfill all membership requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Great Puzzle Pursuit. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of The Great Puzzle Pursuit.
- Prizes: Winners will receive $250 plus $10 from each membership purchased. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for The Great Puzzle Pursuit to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Contest will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with within five (5) days following the winner selection. The Great Puzzle Pursuit shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that The Great Puzzle Pursuit anyone acting on behalf of The Great Puzzle Pursuit or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: The Great Puzzle Pursuit reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, The Great Puzzle Pursuit may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Great Puzzle Pursuit. The Great Puzzle Pursuit reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
The Great Puzzle Pursuit has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, The Great Puzzle Pursuit reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Contest you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from The Great Puzzle Pursuit You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless The Great Puzzle Pursuit and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United States AND PENNSYLVANNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in PENNSYLVANNIA having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- 13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, Email Memberservices@greatpuzzlepursuit.com. Requests must be received no later than 12/31/2015.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is The Great Puzzle